In this role, you will lead the product team and be responsible for the mechanical vehicle construction/integration and product development from concept prototyping to production. You will work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Chief Technology Officer to conceptualise new vehicular design and technology, build Proof-of-Concept (POC) vehicle prototype and lead the product development if the concepts are deem successful. The candidate for this role will require to be involved in both hands-on development and team/project management.
• Develop new electric vehicle concept and prototypes, and manage existing vehicle design and development updates;
• Lead product design and review, structural/failure analysis, verification and validation, and etc.;
• Manage product development milestones, resources, budget and ensure smooth transition to manufacturing/production;
• Work with respective teams to ensure design requirements are in compliance with prevailing technical regulations;
• Develop relationship with vendors/suppliers to stay updated on the new offerings and participate in their selection and qualification.
• Support progress review of new R&D areas to assess their fit for product development.
• 7-8 years of experience (Automotive industry preferred, Motorcycle industry highly preferred)
Tertiary qualification in Mechanical / Automotive Engineering or equivalent;
• Experience in product design with full product development cycle in automotive industry;
• Proficient with CAD and mastery with at least one of the common CAD software (NX, Solidworks or Creo Parametric), and with Finite Element Analysis experience;
• Experience in product lifecycle management – requirements management, verification and validation process, version control, etc.;
• Familiar with APQP or similar processes, Quality Management System environment (ISO 9001);
• Good written and oral communication skills;
• Candidates with motorcycle industry experience will be considered favourably.
• Have Industrialization experience such as design for manufacturing for common primary processes such as casting, sheet fabrication, welding, pipe bending, injection moulding;
• Have mass production experience such as 2D drawings and GD&T, failure mode effect analysis;
• Have experience in project management and working with suppliers and contractors in design review;
• Have experience in product development from concept to validation to production.